February 12, 2009

Mid February already?

I don't know where the time has gone... I really don't. I've posted two free patterns on the Knit Therapy store website as seen below:


Pattern: Serene Sunset by Susan Power
Source: Knittherapy.ca free pattern section
Materials: Dream In Color Classy in In Vino Veritas
Needles: 9 US/ 5.5 mm and 4 US / 3.5 mm

Pattern: Rosa Amor by Susan Power
Source: Knittherapy.ca free pattern section
Materials: Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Ice Cream
Needles: 4 US / 3.5 mm

I'll be posting soon about my next project that I'm planning to start this weekend. I've already started learning how to spin a couple months ago (although I haven't touched my wheel since early January *sad face* ) so I figured it's about time for me to start learning how to knit with my left hand. I've tried a couple stitches during projects, but never a whole project with the lefty. It felt awkward, but the more I did it, the easier it became. It definitely wasn't as bad as when I first started to knit. Does anyone remember how awkward it was to do a purl stitch?? It was for me at least.

Has anyone else tried knitting with their lefty? Any tips?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I'm still novice... The hat is nice!

kimberloni said...

I love this pattern. I can't find it anywhere. I want to make this for my mom for Christmas with some mohair I just found. Could you send it to me? that would be great if you had it.
Thanks!