February 17, 2008

What are you doing this stat holiday weekend?

This is the winter in Toronto that I remember as a kid (without the January thaw). I'm waiting for the next big snowfall to come down, should be later on this evening.. so they say. When it comes down to it, I prefer the weather as it is rather than it being a sweltering 37 degrees Celsius.


We've embraced the winter and had taken skating lessons. I've finally learned how to stop on skates, and when I say stop, I don't mean slamming into the boards. Hopefully next winter, we're planning to take up skiing.


I'm still finding time going by very quickly lately. Ever since getting engaged, that's where time started to fly by. We got married in September 2007 and I thought time would start to free up and go back to the pace pre-engagement, but no. It has a lot to do with something I've been planning for a couple months now.. it's on the down low but it will all make sense in due time; about a month I say. But because of it, I haven't been knitting as much as I want to.

For the past month, I've been working on finishing another Danica scarf. Slowly but surely. This time around, I'm using Patons SWS in Charcoal. I think the last one I did knitted up quickly because of the colour changes, getting surprised with what colour it will change to next. Oh well, I'm down to the last ball hoping to be done this weekend.


But is this really considered a Danica? My opinion, no. There's no different coloured squares and it follows the simple entrelac pattern that's been done before.

I'm also planning on blocking my pieces to the Equestrian Blazer this long weekend.. hopefully. I do always tend to procrastinate with this part but I want to finish the scarf before I start. So close. I picked up some DMC floss for the seaming for fear I'd run out of yarn for the edging.


However, here's the real prize this weekend. This was my first attempt at making pizza. Turned out better than I thought it would.


I used the bread maker we picked up last weekend. Made two yummy loaves and planning on making another pizza tomorrow with the left over ingredients.

I'm going to get back to knitting now =)

No comments: