January 02, 2008

Onward home

Sitting in the airport lounge, wanting to get home already. This trip home was the first canceled flight I've had but luckily things are looking good to get home. Luckily, there's free wi-fi here so I can finally post these FOs.


Pattern: Saartje's booties
Source: Saartje's Knits blog
Materials: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Teddybear
Needles: Susan Bates 2.75mm
Made for: an expecting cousin

These were newborn size. I tried them on my nephew who's 7 months but they didn't fit. They were fun to make and absolutely adorable.



Pattern: Danica by Jesse Loesberg
Source: Knitty.com
Materials: Paton's SWS in Natural Russet (3 skeins)
Needles: Denise Needles US 8 (5mm)
Made for: Christmas present for cousin

This Danica scarf was a quick knit. I love the colours on this one and am considering making one for myself. The entrelac was quite tricky because at one point I didn't make sure there were 10 stitches on the needle for every square. I was able to go back a few blocks safely to fix the mistake. I think I'd like to make the "So-called Scarf" for myself next. It's going to be a couple of cold months in Toronto. It's warmer in Vegas and in LA and I don't think I'm prepared to feel the winter in a few hours.

Vacation was relaxing and was great to see family. Christmas lunch was delicious but I can't imagine anyone finishing that portion. (see below) Can't wait for the next one although I can't stand airports anymore.


Happy New Year!!!

No comments: