November 28, 2007

My New Favourite

This is one of the reason's why I love knitting so much, being able to produce your own clothes.

Pattern: Dollar and a Half Cardigan by Veronique Avery
Materials: Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece in Teddybear (5 skeins)
Needles: Denise using US 7 for the rev st and US 8 for the lace pattern
Source: Interweave Knits Sprint 2007
Started: August 2007
Finished: November 2007


The choice in yarn made the sweater drape-y which I like a lot. It's a very casual, mellow-type sweater that works really well with jeans (because of the colour mostly). I got the buttons from raiding my closet, trying to clean out clothes. I found a pair of khakis I bought from Urban Outfitters maybe four years ago. It had five perfect sized, perfect coloured buttons. I felt like I hit the jackpot. I'm so glad I never threw those pants out despite the oil stain I had on it.

I took these pictures a while ago but wasn't happy with them to begin with. As much as I love this sweater, it's not photogenic :(

My goals for 2008: take up gardening and learning how to sew. If I can do one of these things, I'd be a very happy woman.

3 comments:

Natalie J said...

I love this! How beautiful. =) You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's quite an impressive piece of knitware! I just started knitting and know that it will take me years before I can make something like that. Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

wow you did a wonderful job with the $1.50. Love the color